Business Transactions & Financial Services
It is in our DNA
Our Financial Services team is fluent in a broad range of financial services and business transactions. Our attorneys stand ready to support clients with their needs, whether for a single specialized financial transaction, loan structuring, documentation or workout, or legal counsel related to operations.
We understand financial institutions and the environment in which they operate. Our attorneys have extensive experience in business and other areas of law, in addition to their industry knowledge. By taking time to understand the industry we can assist our clients in achieving their objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Asset sales and purchase of various business types including the hospitality industry.
- Stock and LLC membership sales and purchases.
- Banking needs of clients with respect to new and established businesses.
- Lending including both lender and borrower representation for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) and Commercial Real Estate (CRE) loans.
- Assisting private equity investments.
- Real estate acquisitions and development.
- Construction loans for a broad base of development projects.
- CRE loans for acquisition and development of mixed-use, multi-family, and commercial development projects, as well as for the hospitality industry.
- C&I lending (including equipment, inventory, and receivables financing).
- Loan participations among lenders.
- Asset and stock acquisition financings including mezzanine financing.
- Assisting with obtaining both equity and debt financing for individuals and entities to meet their business needs.
- Thoughtful and substantial due diligence necessary to meet lender requirements.
- Negotiation of the complex underlying documentation with financial institutions.
- Preparation and delivery of lender required legal opinions.
- Workouts, restructurings, and insolvency for both lenders and borrowers.
- Public finance for governmental clients including bond closings.
- Affordable housing for both public and private clients including Public/Private Partnerships.
- From personal finance to commercial banks, digital advancement and increased financial technology is rapidly transforming the financial sector.
- Thanks to technological advancement in the financial sector, institutions can conduct more thorough risk assessments
- Apple's launch of the Apple Card could open doors to additional financial tools such as debit cards or PFM applications. And Amazon could bring Amazon Pay in-store–which could attract merchants by saving them interchange costs, cutting into a $90 billion annual source of revenue for issuers and networks.
- The influence of tech-savvy consumers, looming threat of big tech companies, and shifting attitudes of regulators toward new tech, are all impacting the financial services industry.
Far Reaching Capabilities.
We guide clients in the financial services industry through a broad scope of issues and transactions, including:
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement.
- Corporate governance.
- Commercial and asset-based lending.
- Workouts, restructurings, and insolvencies.
- Private Placement Memorandum for real estate funds.
Spiritus Law has created pricing and budgeting guidelines designed to provide transparency in our fee structures and efficient cost accounting and planning.
We understand the importance of cost management, and we continually identify alternative billing structures that can accommodate both large projects involving various service and permitting needs and as well as small focused projects.
Our vast knowledge in the industry has always allowed us to create a competitive rate structure and alternative fee arrangements. This allows us and our clients to examine and consider the most effective billing method for their project. Our fee arrangements may include any of the following:
- Traditional Hourly Billing with monthly invoicing;
- Flat Fee per project billing for routine licensing matters;
- Monthly retainer billing for ongoing consulting services;
- Fee caps for special limited projects; and
- Quarterly billing arrangements based on project scope.
Interactive and collaborative client communication is a primary focus of our project management and enables us to promptly identify issues that may increase projected budgets or require the need of additional legal services. We routinely produce work plans so our clients can see what we will be doing in addition to what we are doing.
While each matter and each client’s goals are unique, we strive to identify and streamline standard processes and document requests to ease the burden various regulatory filing processes can impose on your in-house team and reduce the risk of unexpected legal fees.